This month, Chef Jahrid wanted to make something a little different. His recipe for Summer Steak Kebabs is below.
Summer Steak Kebabs
• Combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl for the marinade: Olive oil, Soy sauce, Lemon juice, Red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Honey, Dijon Mustard.
• Cut up pieces of Sirloin Steak and fresh veggies – bell pepper, red onion, and mushrooms, and set aside.
• Place the steak pieces into a gallon-size resealable bag, pour marinade over steak, and then seal the bag while pressing out excess air and massaging the marinade over steak. Put the bag in the refrigerator, allowing it to marinate for 3 to 6 hours.
• Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Toss veggies with oil and seasoning. Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
• To assemble the kebabs: layer steak pieces and veggies onto kebabs alternately, fitting four steak pieces onto each kebab.
• Place kebabs into a baking dish and cook until the center of steak registers about 140 - 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 to 9 minutes.
• Serve warm. Plain or seasoned rice would be a good side dish.