Jahrid Longsworth, our neighborhood chef, thought this recipe would be a good choice for Valentine’s Day breakfast.
Dairy-Free French Toast
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 slices wheat bread
1 Tbsp. vegan butter
1. Mix egg and almond milk until combined.
2. Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix on high for about 2 minutes.
3. Melt butter on medium heat in sauce pan.
4. Dip one slice of bread into mixture. Make sure to completely submerge the bread.
5. Cook each side for approximately three minutes.
6. Serve with fresh fruit, syrup, Nutella, or as is!
Banana slices atop the French Toast adds the final touch.