“What could be more refreshing than a dairy-free key lime pie? thought our Chef Jahrid as he noticed that the temperatures were going up outside. This is a wonderful dessert that will have your family asking for more than one piece. The blending of the coconut flavor and the tangy lime will really appeal to your taste buds.
Dairy Free Key Lime Pie
1 graham cracker pie crust
2 cans coconut condensed milk
1 can coconut milk (unsweetened, full fat)
3 Tbsps. corn starch
3 limes, squeezed
1 lemon for zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake pie crust for 8-10 minutes.
3. While pie crust is baking, combine all other ingredients in the saucepan and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Mixture should become thick and a little clumpy. Do not overcook.
4. Pour mixture into baked pie crust
5. Allow pie to cool for about one hour.
6. Place pie in refrigerator for 8-10 hours to set completely.
Serve and Enjoy!
This pie is not going to last long, as it is so refreshing.
By Jahrid Longsworth